My Favorite Things a Holiday Linky Party
So excited to be linking up with Southern Fried Teachin’ to chat about My Favorite Things!
Here in Las Vegas we have one week left before winter break! My son has PTC next week so it is actually a 3 day weekend for him! I would be rejoicing and posting the No ALARM memes but the highschooler still has school on Monday.
So to take my mind off that pesky alarm that is waiting to be set I thought I would share 12 of my Favorite holiday things!
1. Favorite holiday song – Mary Did You Know? by Pentatonix I love this version. It always makes me cry, especially since I remember those tender sweet moments of kissing my own sweet babies then think about Mary kissing the face of God! Chills!!! If you haven’t heard this version here is a link!
2. Favorite holiday guilty pleasure food – My daughters Chocolate Chip Cookies
3. Favorite holiday tradition – Each year we get hot chocolate and take a ride around the neighborhoods and look at lights.
4. Favorite holiday book – A Charlie Brown Christmas
5. Favorite act of kindness – I love participating in Christmas giving to families of children whose parents are incarcerated and also for homeless teens in Las Vegas. You would be surprised how often they are forgotten during this season.
6. Favorite holiday memory – The last Christmas with my Mother in Law. She LOVED Christmas. She was always so easy to buy for and got joy out of the simplest of gifts.
7. Favorite holiday Christmas gift – my husband’s proposal almost 19 years ago!
8. Favorite holiday craft – I love to make ornaments with my children, you know the ones that involve lots of glitter and laughter. We lost all of my older children’s ornaments in a move and I was so sad. I keep telling the older kids that they are going to have to come over and “remake” them lol!
9. Favorite holiday movie – Christmas with the Kranks because I could so see my husband doing something like that!
10. Favorite place to shop for holiday gifts – Amazon! I have prime and love to shop in my jammies and let’s face it I don’t want to be on an episode of People of Walmart any time soon.
11. What I want Santa to bring me – a vacation getaway with just my husband and myself. I feel like we don’t get enough “us” time and would love to have a real honeymoon with him. We met in high school had kids crazy young and have been best friends for 28 years now.
12. Favorite product – This is a tough one, I mean products can be like kids they are all technically a favorite of some kind but, if I had to choose one it would be my QR codes for listening stations. I love that they are versatile and that the student response sheets included have the QR code on them so the students can listen to the story again if they want. Teachers like the accountability it offers as each sheet has to do with the story the child listened too and again they can share the story with mom and dad later.
I would love to read about your favorite things so link up and share! You can link up at Southern Fried Teachin